Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feeling the Success!




Today is just the beginning! I am well on my way to becoming an amazing athlete. I never thought that it could be possible for someone like me. But, today I am setting goals and reaching those goals. Since I started this competition my goal has been to run at least three miles a day. I have done the three miles a day sometimes I do two miles and sometimes I do four. But, what is happening for me is I am finding myself getting stronger every day. At this point I am focusing on my fitness goals, and leaving behind the weigh-in's on Wednesday. For so many of us we get all worked up and stressed out about how much weight we will loose and if it will be enough. Of course I want to loose big numbers each week, why wouldn't I? Who doesn't want to loose 10 pounds each week? But, what I have been gaining is so much more that what the scale says. When I am in the gym and I am struggling, trying to breath and holding back the tears something happens, I gain a little more of my life back. I gain more of myself, and the belief that I can do anything, absolutely that I set my mind to. There is this thing that I do when I need to push through, I take a few deep breaths, I clap my hands a few times, and in my mind I am saying, "Ok God I need you to help me right now, I need you to help me to push. Leslie, I believe in you! YOU GOT THIS!" Then I push myself through. This past week Ty had me trying different exercises. We started on the stairs in the gym, she had me jumping up them. I looked at her like are you crazy?  I don't jump! But, I did! All the way up not only once, twice, three times but four times. Then we moved on to some other intense upper/lower body exercises. She had me on this half ball turned upside down, balancing myself and doing squats on the top. This is where ninja noises started come out of my mouth! Needless to say if I hadn't already had the attention from those around me, I did after I started to make these silly noises. After the end of this workout I was ready to pass out! I was so beat down. However, I cleaned up and went to work. This week I have not taken one day off from the workouts. I am not sure if that is beneficial or not, but I have felt good. On Tuesdays I hit the gym in the morning, then meet with Ty and end the day with Zumba. Today, I slept in and did not hit the gym this morning. I will meet up with Ty and get my groove on with her and Zumba. I think this is my idea of break. There have been some family things going on that have not been easy to deal with, but another one of my goals is to focus on my personal goals and live in the moment. This week I have also hit the stop sign twice! It is my new favorite thing to do. It is a total of 7.71 miles, I walk up and then I run down. This Sunday, I ran most of the way down! Yes, can you believe it! I have learned that I enjoy outdoor running much better than indoor and I learned that I can just keep running! Charlie is a huge support and motivation, thank you sweetheart for believing in me. Monday night, I met up with McKel and Kristina, we ran one mile without a stopping! Yea that's right we did one mile no stopping! Did some frog jumps, jumping jacks, lunges and laps. After we finished our sets we preceded to do another mile, yes that's right we jogged the whole way, I walked a minute or two but picked myself right back up and finished the mile. It is amazing what can happen when you put your mind to it. It is also amazing what I can do when I have someone working out with me, it helps me to push that much harder and hold myself accountable to finish what I started. Thank you ladies for being apart of my workouts! I am down 30 pounds so far and I am starting to feel the difference in my entire body. I am looking forward to my next weigh-in and can't wait to fill all my supporters in.

1 comment:

  1. So I know I am posting like a week late, but I am so amazed at what you are doing. Your an inspiration and a great work out buddy! WE GOT THIS GIRL!

    ReplyDelete