Monday, February 28, 2011

Grasping the Lessons...

Oh my goodness! This week has been so full of wonderful lessons and blessings. After the weigh in on the 23rd, I felt really great about my weight loss. But, me (the addict) wants more. However, what I have learned from all this past week are the little miracles that never could have taken place, had I not been chosen for this competition. I met with Ty (The Terminator) on Friday, I did 2 miles and then some interval training with her. She had me doing some cardio, the bike was great, it was the rowing machine that had me thinking some not nice thoughts about Ty. At some point I think I said, "I'm going to have the guy over there take you out back for me!" Her response, which of course was funny, yet true, "You'll have to catch me first!" Yea, not gonna happen for me at this time, one day! She of course gave me that dang medicine ball, squats and then throwing the ball against the wall as high as I can. Ummm...really not one of my favorite things to do. There were other things that took place, I just tend to remember the ones that gave me the most pain. Towards the end of my workout she had me do step-ups with 30 pounds of weights on my shoulders for 2 minutes. Then, she had me do it again without the weight for 2 minutes. She looks at me and says, "This is what you have been carrying around with you! How much easier is it without the added weight?" Talk about emotions coming to the surface! What a shot of reality. In that moment I was so proud of how much I have lost so far. I have been pushing myself to the limits up until Saturday. Saturday was the day my knees told me that they were in so much pain. I started my workout with Zumba, then I tried to do my normal 3.5 miles. Yea, that did not happen. I ended up doing one mile. Later on that day I went back to the pool and did 20 laps in the pool. My new goal will be 64! Sunday came along, and I was doing a fundraiser for the program I participate in. The Pie In the Eye, event. Lets just say, I did not enjoy the pie in my face, I will post pictures of course. But, we got into a bidding war on some pies that were up for a silent auction. Charlie wanted to chocolate pie, and the little girl that wanted it decided to opt out of the bid, we ended up with the pie. I wanted the coconut cream pie, not the whole pie, just a bite. Well, the guy I was bidding against decided to leave the event. Yea, I know! We ended up taking two pies home. I had plenty of points for the day. We had a good dinner, and I decided to have a very small slice of pie. I ended up taking three bites of coconut cream pie and three bites of the chocolate cream pie. WARNING! Do not attempt to eat sugar when you have been sugar free for 6 weeks! I wanted to puke, I had a headache, my heart was pounding. It was just the thing to cure my sugar addiction that I once had. I looked at those pies in my fridge this morning, I thought, "Oh, barf!" Never again! I am so over the sugar, sweets! I am so proud of how far I have come. I felt so guilty this morning. This is not the week to be testing my weaknesses, we are no longer a team. We are now on our own to make it or break it. I did not workout yesterday. Which only means that I must workout extra hard tonight. I am learning so much from this opportunity. I am by far learning to love healthy foods, and a healthy lifestyle. I am learning to eat healthy snacks and meals, that give me more energy and help me to feel good. I no longer feel groggy and lazy. I have more energy, more stamina, and more excitement about my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment