Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Feel Great!


To be honest, I feel great! Starting from our last weigh in until today, it has been up and down, like always. My son, was home sick for a week. We were in and out of insta care and the ER, so finally we went to his pediatrician. My mom suggested we have him checked for diabetes. Yea, yea, yea mom. But, when we were sitting in with the doctor he proceeded to tell me that Isaiah should not gain any more weight this year. This is when my head started telling me that I might want to listen to my mother and make the suggestion to the doctor. The doctor tested his blood sugar, it was 105. Which was a little high for a child his age he said. So, he ordered a fasting blood test. I am patiently waiting... I feel sad that my son might have diabetes, it took me by surprise. At this point I am going to do the very best I can to teach him the proper things to eat, and what to stay away from. He is also going to stay active, if it is the last thing I do.
Other than that, he is back to normal and feeling great.
I was unable to meet with Ty on Friday however, I will be meeting with her tonight! Yes!! I am excited, she has this gift of helping me feel so fantastic. I love my training days!
Thursday I did the stop sign with Mckel and I felt great! Saturday I put in some miles at the gym and of course it felt great! Sunday, I was disappointed that the weather came in and ruined my plans of hitting the pavement and doing some more miles with Charlie. When the weather finally changed I was on the couch taking a nap, and lost my mojo! But, oh well! No worries, it was a good day of rest and I don't regret that I took time out for me and my rest. We did go out to eat at La Frontera, what did I get? Well, I ordered eggs and chile verde side of beans, and I had one tortilla. It was a 15 point meal. I just watched what I ate the rest of the day and felt great! So, yesterday was Monday and I put in 3.5 miles on the treadmill (50 mins for 3 miles) and 4 miles on the elliptical and 4 miles on the stationary bike. Yep, you guessed it, I felt great! Today I went in and did the 3.5 miles and beat my time on the 3 miles, I did it in 48 minutes. I am so excited about it, I managed to do my first mile in 15 minutes. When I started this journey my miles were 20 minutes and the 3 miles were in 60 minutes. This is an improvement for sure! I am starting to see that my endurance and tolerance in my workouts are getting better and better. I just need to figure out what I can do to loose more of the pounds. Someone told me to cut out the carbs and eat more of the veggies and protein. Which is understandable, however, at times I am wondering what to eat due to the points I am suppose to be eating. Right now with weight watchers I am at 42 points. I need to be honest, this week I have not been able to eat all my points. What my head tells me to do is eat a weight watchers snack cake or ice cream, but to be honest I don't want to. I just drink some water and grab an orange and eat that instead. Which consists of zero points! I want to get out of the habit of grabbing something that would do more harm than good. I want to be able to eat healthy no matter what. I feel that this may or may not be beneficial for the weigh-in tomorrow, but at this point I care more about my overall goals than this particular weigh-in. I have reached a point in this competition that I want to win! I want to win more than anything, it would be a great experience for me. But, I don't want it to take over my mind, my thoughts, and my actions to the point of stress, and fear. I am relaxed, I am working on personal goals at the gym and I am positive that I will see results. I have no idea if they will be the best results on the scale, but they are the best results within myself. I am believing in myself, I am seeing the strength I have increase, and I am exited about getting dressed for the first time in years! I am already winning this competition. The only difference is, it is the competition I have been having within myself over the past 20 years. The one I have with the voices in my head that tell me I am not good enough, or I can just have one donut, or just quit now. Today I am winning and I feel great! Once I get started there is nothing that is going to hold me back! I am on my way to a new way of life and a new me and right now as of last weeks weigh-in I am 20 pounds lighter in 4 weeks! I am a success, I am worth it, and I am loving life!   

No comments:

Post a Comment