Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 2 - Oh What A Day!

Talk about a day! I feel good, yet tired! I woke up this morning and did the oatmeal and 1% milk for breakfast. Which I did yesterday too. Then after my morning class, I went to the gym. I was feeling all pumped up, excited for the day, ready to exercise and meet Ty (Trainer). Well, about 15 minutes into my workout, I was trying my hardest not to say the words I hate the most (the bad ones mostly four letters) it was in my best interest to keep a positive attitude though. I honestly did not think that I was this out of shape. I found out really quick how much of a lie I was telling myself. My weight gain is so similar to my drug addiction, I can see the commonalities all over it. "Oh, I am not that fat!" or "If I get as big as that person, then I will do something about it." How about "I'm not fat, I', fluffy." or "More to love baby!" The list can go on, and on. The cold hard fact of it all, I am out of shape and over weight. Today was an eye opener for me. I know that I have challenges to face each day. But, for now I am going to live one day at a time with this. On day one, I did 45 minutes on the eliptical and 20 on the treadmill, then I went to Zumba for the first time. I am not so sure how I feel about Zumba, but I will go back to learn. I am willing to try anything to lose weight, and have fun at the same time. I have also met some really amazing people who are apart of this Big Loser 2011 contest too. They have been motivating me, and touching base periodically. I love that I have people who can relate to the way I am feeling, and understand the ups and downs. I can say that the only thing that is a down today, is the aftermath of the workout. It hurts! In a few days, I am sure it won't hurt so bad. Right???? I have my first radio spot on Monday morning, for all you fans out there be sure to tune in. Our pictures from the photo shoot will be coming soon. I will post them as soon as I have them.

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly move. I hear you on everything. I can't believe I have let myself get this out of shape and unhealthy!!! Never again. We can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete